RCSCC UNDAUNTED welcomes boys and girls ages 12 through 18 from all walks of life. There is only a nominal cost per year to participate. Mandatory training takes place on Tuesday evenings and one Sunday morning per month, plus a few weekend-long activities.
Boys and girls between 9 and 12 can join the Navy League cadets at the following link:
NLCC Captain Jackson
Citizenship, Leadership, Seamanship, Healthy Living and More"The Cadet Program is really about preparing for life; about developing the skills, the qualities and the confidence that will allow these young people to prosper and contribute to the Canada of tomorrow."
- Art Eggleton, former Minister of National Defence.
Program OutcomesEach year cadets live these aims by:
- Tying & splicing ropes & lines to harness the power of mechanical advantage on land & sea
- Performing acts of service to and for Calgarians
- Learning & living the traditions of the Royal Canadian Navy
- Challenging themselves to try, learn from failure, and try again
- Year I — Learning the Basics
- Year II — Honing Skills
- Year III — Practising Leadership
- Year IV+ — Instructing & Leading Programming
Additional Training OpportunitiesThe Program Outcomes of Sea Cadets are expanded on through UNDAUNTED’s many additional & optional opportunities. Members of UNDAUNTED can participate in specialty training in:
- Model Club
- Precision Drill Team
- The Duke of Edinburgh's Award